What You Need

Registration Renewal

Your registration expires on your birthday. If the vehicle is registered under a business name, the registration period falls on the last day of month, based on the name of your business.

Here’s what we’ll need from you to renew your tag.
  • Renewal notice or copy of last registration
  • Proof of insurance (must be uploaded in Georgia’s system or fleet insurance card)
  • Proof of Emissions (if vehicle is 3 years or older; over 8500 lbs; & in emission county)

Ownership transfer if purchased locally, out of state or from an individual

If you have purchased your vehicle from an individual, no sales tax is due. If purchased from a local dealer, the sales tax will be paid by the dealer. If purchased from out of state dealer or from a business, sales tax is due at the time of registration. If you require the title in hand, we can process the title at the GA Dept. of Revenue office. Otherwise, we will process the tag and title at your county and the title will be mailed to you or your lienholder. Here’s what we’ll need from you:
  • Original title signed off correctly by seller and assigned to new owner
  • Any reassignment forms which completes the vehicles chain of ownership
  • Bill of sales or dealer invoice
  • Copy of previous owner’s tag registration, if available
  • If you have license plate you would like to transfer,provide registration or tag #
  • T8-Limited Power of Attorney
  • Proof of insurance (must be uploaded in GA’s system; fleet card; or 30 day binder)
  • Proof of Emissions (if vehicle is 3 years or older; over 8500 lbs; & in emission county)
  • Copy of Georgia driver’s license

Replacement decal and/or license plate

Certain counties require a police report to replace a license plate, give us a call and we’ll let you know if yours is one of these counties. To get a new decal or plate, we’ll need:

Emission Waiver

If you’re working out of state and need to get your tag renewed and are not able to get the emission done, we can file the documents with the Clean Air Force on your behalf. Once they issue a waiver, we can process your documents for you at the county tag office. For the waiver we will need:

Duplicate Title at GA DMV

If you have lost your title and require a duplicate, we can get one right away. If the bank sent you the title and released the lien on the front then the title was lost, the lien will still be showing in the GA system. You will need to contact your bank to get a lien release form so that you can get a clear title. Here’s what we need to get a duplicate title:

Title Correction

If you find that your title has incorrect information, we’re able to get that corrected right away. Once we correct the title, we’ll go to the county tag office and get a duplicate registration showing the new information. Here’s what we need to get your title and registration corrected:

Title Bond

We can apply for the title bond on your behalf. All we need is a fax or email copy of your Bill of Sale and copy of your GA driver’s license. We can also accept a copy of the existing title front and back. Georgia determines face value for a bond based on NADA value for the specific vehicle. Once we receive the bond we will need:

Salvage Title

If you vehicle has been totaled, your insurance company may require you to obtain a Salvage Title. Here’s what we need to get the title branded for you: